Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Category


I really love old school music. By having so much appreciation for the history and culture it represents, it pains me to see such an overabundance of sampling (or down-right stealing) going on in hip hop. Granted, there are some excellent samples out there. There are also, really good remakes. However, we gotta give props to the originators because it's easy to bootleg a cd, but I've yet to meet anyone who bootlegs liner notes.

In an attempt to educate those who visit this sight, I'm doing my best to give you'll some hip hop track titles and their old school predecessors.

Past/Present Parallel Track:


Present
Jay-Z f/ Scarface
This Can't Be Life (The Dynasty)

Past
Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
I Miss You (Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes)

No comments: