Sunday, October 01, 2006

Welcome to the Official Black Tuesday Blog!!!

For those of you who don't know, Black Tuesday is a weekly celebration I began last year at Emporia State University. Every Tuesday, I encourage people to wear a political or musical t-shirt which is representative of Black Culture. If you don't have said attire, than tell someone a fact about black history, support black independant business, or think critically about something a topic in black culture and share it with peers. The purpose is to promote a sense of solidarity and identity for people. Feel free to spread the word to everyone you know. Don't worry, there are many more ways to celebrate Black Tuesday. If you come up with more creative ways of black cultural expression, feel free to hit me up. In the end, it's all about expressing ourselves and feeling good about it.

Peace

P.S. Here are some of the ways I celebrate:
  • telling people about books on black popular culture (it's something I'm really interested in)
  • complimenting someone on their personality
  • discussing my obstacles and achievements with peers (thanks lil sis)
  • wearing my political tees (urbanprofile - artistictees - houseofnubian)
  • paying respects to those who paved the way for this college experience
  • finding resources for my peers (internships, research programs, scholarships, etc.)
  • supporting my peers in activities and studies

No comments: