Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I start to think; and then I sink into the paper
Like I was ink
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines
I escape...


when I finish the rhyme

-- Mos Def



Book of the Week: Everything But the Burden Edited by: Greg Tate

Event of the Week: Tunnel of Oppression at The University of Kansas

The Tunnel of Oppression creates an awareness of different types of oppression and its effects within society through an interactive experience; using audio, video and live actors, participants explore opinions, values and thoughts regarding oppression. The Tunnel is laid out to increase the level of sensory images as participants progress through the experience and ends with a processing session with trained counselors.

The Tunnel of Oppression is a program that was adapted by several staff members from Student Residential Programs at Western Illinois University.

(more info)

No comments: