Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Constructing the Blueprint for Black Male Success by Demetrius Walker




Prior to September 12th 2009, had someone told me the blueprint for Black male success would arise from the state of Iowa I would have labeled them mentally deficient. Invited to share my expertise on the topic “The New Grinding: Expanding Your Consciousness as Your Life’s Work,” I was nonetheless excited to impart the merits of entrepreneurship to a group that seldom receives this message. It mattered not that this Fall retreat, titled “What’s Stopping Us Now?”, was being hosted for an assemblage of less than 50 students. I was eager to participate in The Hubbard Group’s revolutionary approach to fostering a sense of Black collegiate community.
Read the rest of the story.

No comments: