Sunday, January 18, 2009

Open Letter to President Obama (featuring Black Popular Music)


In two days Americans will laugh, cry, and spit (depending on your racial tastebuds) in recognition of the next American President Barack Hussein Obama.

In honor of the 44th President I offer a few words on Hope and Change...

President Obama,
Last November I was "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" thinking that you might not win. When the results came in I screamed OBAMA all the way home. With that I say Thank You for giving the American Presidency a Black "I".
"For All We Know" people will always say "U, Black Maybe" but I don't care. All I ask, Mr. President, is that you "Be Real Black For Me." Be intellectual, smooth, political, human, encouraging, insightful, and positive. Most importantly, "Stand":
In the end you'll still be you
One that's done all the things you set out to do
Stand
There's a cross for you to bear
Things to go through if you're going anywhere
Stand
For the things you know are right
It s the truth that the truth makes them so uptight
Stand
All the things you want are real
You have you to complete and there is no deal
Stand. stand, stand


You hold the highest office in the land and many people will clamor for you time, energy, and power. The "Backstabbers" are there and "Smiling Faces" tell lies. Often times "Whatcha See is What You Get" and you'll find yourself saying "Hey You, Get Off My Mountain" to many people. You know from all the Chicago drama that "Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City" so don't let them get you trapped in keeping it real (Compared to What?).

"Keep Your Head to the Sky" Obama because Tuesday will be a "Lovely Day"

Peace love and soul Pres

D. Carter

1 comment:

De La Cruz said...

My fist is UP!